Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood



A few weeks ago, I got a call from a 4 1/2 year old asking for a red cloak with a hood, because she loved the story of "Little Red Riding Hood." I went shopping for fabric on Saturday and found the perfect red linen. She also was very specific about it having buttons and I found pink buttons with a red flowers and green leaves that made it whimsical. I was more nervous giving her the cloak then when I make things for adults. I was so relieved when she put it on and showed it off proudly. Watching her twirl about in the cloak really made my day... and of course, it looked much better on her than on my dress form.

2 comments:

Sea_creature said...

How ADORABLE! Awww...I'm so glad you're still sewing away. Your work is getting better and better!

sarataxi said...

we want one too!!