Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Jean's Regency Day Gown

This is a Regency Gown using the 1815-1825 period bodice pattern from the Period Costume for Stage & Screen: Patterns for Women's Dress 1800-1909. It's an amazing reference book for anyone interested in making period costumes.
I had a great time designing and shopping for the materials for the gown with Jean. I just finished it last night, happily listening to the rain and watching "Bones: Season 4." I probably should've been watching "Pride & Prejudice" or something more appropriate.
As usual, I think that the gown looks better on the person than on my dress form, so I will have to wait until the Jane Austen Ball for pictures of Jean in this gown.
I hadn't made a Regency Gown in a long time, but since I'd done so many, this was a lot of fun. I also made a reticule from the leftover scraps.
So here are pictures of the gown, a close-up of the back (love the gathers), and the reticule.

No comments: